- Do I need to pre-register for the High School Placement Test?
Yes, contact our Admissions Office at (818) 894-6417 x103 for further information. The testing & application fee is $80.
- Do I have to take the High School Placement Test at St. Gen’s campus?
No, but your application fee covers the cost of the exam taken at SG. Our preference is that you take the HSPT at St. Genevieve. Also, we need you to fill out our Entrance Exam application so we know who to request test scores from.
- What if I can’t make it the day of the examination?
If you’re ill, or have an unexpected emergency, have a parent or guardian call our admissions office at (818) 894-6417 x103. You’ll be given information about how to take a make-up exam.
- Can I have my scores sent to another school?
Sure. We’ll be happy to forward your test scores to another Catholic High School.
- Is the personal interview important?
Yes. The interview is a crucial part of the application process. It gives us a chance to meet you and find out your interests. If you have not yet scheduled an interview, please contact the Admissions Office at (818) 894-6417 x103.
- Who is involved in the interview process?
For 9th grade applicants, the interviews are usually held with just the prospective student and one or two members of the Admissions Committee. For transfer students, the interview is held with a panel of faculty members & administrators that will be working with the student in the transition to a new high school.
- When are acceptance letters mailed?
Acceptance letters will be mailed March 3, 2017 for 9th grade applicants in the graduating Class of 2021.
- Are students ever admitted conditionally?
Some students may be admitted conditionally. All conditions for acceptance (i.e. attending summer school or earning good grades over a period of time) must be met before the student is fully accepted.